Yesterday the lovely Leah @TGirlWhoWrites from The Girl Who Writes nominated me for a Sunshine Blogger Award. So kind and lovely to hear praise on my work. Thank you so much Leah! Check out her award post here.
The Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post and / or blog!
Thank you Leah for nominating me for this award. I really appreciate your support.
Leah is a blogger who is hoping to encourage, support and inspire you as she writes. She is 26 and battles with depression like me. She uses her blog to not only share her thoughts and experiences, but to create conversations and encourage, support, inspire & empower others. She is also a great tweeter and I see a lot of her generous spirit on that platform.
- Why did you decide to start blogging? I lost my job earlier this year whilst dealing with the worst episode of depression I have ever faced. I wanted to do something that gave my days purpose and an outlet for how I am feeling and what I'm facing. I am still signed off by the doctor, but the blog is helping to keep me going.
- Where is your favourite place to travel to? I love southern California.
- What is your favourite food? Pizza. Always Pizza.
- What is your goal for 2018? To be well enough to work and have some form of income to support our little family. My husband is carrying the load right now.
- Do you have pets? Yes, I have three cats: Benedict, Kiki and Panthro, they're from the same litter and 4.5 years old.
- What would be a perfect evening in for you? Pizza, wine and a movie with Hubby.
- Where is your favorite place to eat? A restaurant called Field in Edinburgh.
- What is your favourite Disney Song? Beauty and the Beast by Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson.
- Who inspires you to be better? Lots of people: My husband, My Mum, my best friend & Ellen Degeneres to name a few.
- If you could go back in time, what is the one thing you would do differently; when it comes to your blog or your life? I would learn to be kinder to myself at an earlier age, so that it's not such a difficult habit to override now.
- I love to read, what is your favourite book or author? It's tough to choose just one, but I really like Blonde by Joyce Carol Oates.
- What’s the most valuable piece of advice you can give to other bloggers / potential blog starters? Write your experiences and truth, just be yourself. I like to write in a conversational style, in my own voice.
My Sunshine Blogger Award Nominations:
- @keithawynn at keithawynn2011.blogspot.com
- @AllLadyA at allladya.com
- @manvdepression at manvdepression.com
- @ofaglasgowgirl at www.thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk
- @hatttiegladwell at butyoulookgreat.com
- @StealTheMGaming at beardedigor.wordpress.com
- @nerdsnatterings at nerdsnumbersnatterings.blogspot.com
- @ZoeDonna95 at nolightwithoutdarkness.com
- @helens_journey at helensjourneysite.wordpress.com
- @AChVoice at www.achronicvoice.com
- @honestrecovery at myhonestrecovery.wordpress.com
My Questions for my nominees:
- Who is your favourite fictional character?
- What is your favourite joke?
- Where would you live if you could live anywhere?
- When is your favourite time of day?
- And why ?
- How would you change the world if you had no limitations?
- Who would you invite to dinner? Dead or alive?
- What is a secret about yourself that you're willing to share?
- When you're blogging, what inspires you?
- Where do you go for 'me-time'?
- What is your biggest strength?
I look forward to reading your answers!
Love BlunderCat x