I love to cook and I love pasta. Here is my recipe for the best pasta carbonara:
Ingredients (Serves 4) .
- 340g tripoline pasta (you can use spaghetti or linguine if you prefer),
- 1 tablespoon olive oil,
- 200g pancetta,
- 200g mushrooms sliced,
- 2 large eggs and 2 large yolks,
- 100g freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano,
- 100g freshly grated pecorino,
- Cracked black pepper,
- Sea salt.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water following the packet instructions. Drain and return to the pan, keeping 1 cup of pasta water to the side.
- Fry the pancetta until lightly browned and starting to crisp, then set aside.
- Then fry the mushrooms in the same pan and for a couple of minutes, until soft.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, yolks and cheeses together.
- Splash in some Tabasco to your preference, it just gives the sauce a nice kick. Season with the salt and cracked pepper.
- Add the mushrooms, pancetta to the drained pasta.
- Stir in cheese mixture, adding some of the pasta water if needed for creaminess.
- The leftover heat will cook the eggs. Serve immediately and enjoy.